Top 10 Reasons To Use Lemon Oil For Skin & Face Lightening
There’s more to the lemon than its tangy-ness. The small yellow fruit has been known to have antioxidant properties, and it has twice the Vitamin C than an orange. And all companies love to tell us how the freshness of lemon will help cut through grease, kill bacteria and banish unwanted smells from the house.
But we’re not here to talk about mundane household issues. Let’s talk about beauty and the essential oil of lemon, and how to use lemon oil for skin that dazzles and shines with health.
10 Benefits Of Lemon Oil For Glowing Skin:
1. As a cleanser
Lemon oil is a gentle and safe facial cleanser.
- Wash your face with a solution of water and lemon oil.
- It’ll remove all the pollutants picked up during the day.
- It is also the perfect make-up remover.
2. To tone skin
Just like its parent, lemon oil is an astringent. You can use lemon oil on face that is prone to excessive oil production.
- Make a solution of half a cup each of water and witch hazel.
- Add 40 drops of lemon oil.
- Apply this to your face to get clear pores.
3. For treating acne
When you use lemon oil as a toner, you are also controlling acne.
- The antibacterial properties kill all acne-causing bad boys.
- The astringent property tightens pores.
4. To lighten skin
We all know the lemon is a natural bleaching agent. Well, so is the oil.
- The benefits of lemon oil for skin lightening have to be tried to be seen.
- The citric acid in the oil bleaches and fades scars.
- The oil balances your skin’s natural pH, leaving behind bright, glowing skin.
You can use lemon oil for skin brightening regularly.
5. Degrease scalp
An overenthusiastic scalp can lead to excessive sebum secretion. Which means, limp and greasy hair. Ugh! Balance the level of oil on your scalp with lemon oil.
- Make a shampoo by mixing ½ cup of liquid castile soap and 20 drops of lemon oil in 1 cup of water.
- Wash your hair as usual.
- Make a solution of 1 cup of water, with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 3 drops of lemon oil.
- Rinse your hair with this after washing off the shampoo.
6. Goodbye premature ageing
You look fabulous and to continue looking so, you need to fight fine lines and wrinkles that pop up uninvited. Use lemon oil for face that hides your age so wonderfully!
- Mix a few drops of lemon oil and olive oil.
- Gently massage this onto your face and neck.
- Goodbye fine lines.
7. Blackhead remover
Earlier we spoke about sebum control for your face. By using lemon oil, you are also helping your face banish blackheads, for good.
- Start with facial steaming.
- Make a paste of 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 drop lemon essential oil and water.
- Apply this to your blackheads and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off to see the difference.
8. As an antiseptic
Lemon is a natural antiseptic and can be safely used on small cuts, scrapes and burns to help the healing process.
- Make an antiseptic spray by mixing ¼ cup of distilled water, 6 drops of lemon oil, 12 drops of tea tree oil and 6 drops of eucalyptus oil.
9. Insect repellent
Instead of using commercially-available insect repellents, make one at home.
- Mix a few drops of lemon oil with any other essential oil.
- Rub it on the skin before heading out.
- It is safe for children as well.
10. Hand sanitizer
Add a few drops of lemon oil to a hand lotion and use it as a hand sanitizer.
10 uses for lemon oil that you had no idea about, and each one of them simple and easy to implement. Which one will you try first?
Since, holi is around the corner, you skin surely needs more pampering to tackle the side effects of holi colurs. Check out 15 useful before and after holi skin care tips to maintain gorgeous skin forever here at our blog.