Pumpkin Beauty Tips: 10 Beauty Benefits Of Pumpkin
1. Brightens Skin
Did you know that eating pumpkins makes your skin glow?! That’s because pumpkin is rich in beta-carotene that gives it its beautiful orange hue. For people with brown/olive skin, eating more pumpkins (and carrots too) gives skin a gorgeous golden glow so try it out!
2. Fights Acne
Pumpkin contains a mineral that is proven to be effective against acne: ZINC! Many of us are actually deficient in zinc so if you suffer from acne, try eating more foods rich in zinc including pumpkin!
3. Makes Skin Soft & Supple
Promote skin that looks and feels soft to the touch by smearing pumpkin on your face! You’ll just love how supple and youthful your skin becomes! Try this skin softening face mask:
- Pumpkin Facial Mask: In a small bowl, add 2 tsp brown sugar, 1 tsp canned pumpkin puree, and ¼ tsp cinnamon powder. Scrub this gently onto a clean face, avoiding the eyes. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes, then gently remove using warm water first, then cold water to seal pores. Touch your face and be amazed by how soft it feels!
4. Promotes Cell Turnover
The vitamins and minerals in pumpkins including folate and zinc promote cell turnover and renewal which keeps skin looking healthy, fresh and supple all the time!
5. Moisturizes Skin
Pumpkin is moisturizing so if you’re suffering from dry flaky skin, add it to your diet. You can also make a moisturizing face & body mask with pumpkin puree to pump much-needed moisture into skin cells! Here’s the recipe:
- Moisturizing Face & Body Mask: In a sealable jar, add ½ cup canned pumpkin puree, ¼ cup yogurt and 7 drops of lavender essential oil. Apply it on your face and dry areas of your body like the elbows and knees for 10 minutes then rinse off with tepid water. Moisturize with a generous amount of shea butter.
5. For Beautiful Plump Lips
A pumpkin spice lip scrub is what you need for beautiful plump lips! Below is a pumpkin spiced lip balm you’re going to love! It contains exfoliating pumpkin, lip plumping pumpkin spice and moisturizing coconut oil!
- Plumping Pumpkin Spice Lip Balm: In a double boiler, melt 6 tbsp coconut oil and 3 tbsp grated beeswax over low heat. Once melted, stir in 1 tsp of pumpkin puree, 2 tsp pumpkin spice, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Stir well to combine everything then allow it to cool off and settle for a few minutes before pouring into empty lip balm tubes. Let it set before capping and storing. Enjoy these sweet smelling lip balms!
6. Restores Dry Hair
Pumpkin restores moisture to dry and damaged hair! It also contains potassium, B-vitamins, iron, vitamin C and E that promote healthy hair and regrowth. Make this hair conditioner starring pumpkin and see your hair flourish!
- Pumpkin Hair Conditioner: Into a blender, add ½ can of pumpkin puree. ¼ cup thick yogurt, 2 tbsp raw honey and 1 tbsp coconut oil. Blend till creamy and pour into an air tight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. Use as your regular hair conditioner, leave it on for a few minutes then rinse off. Admire your lush locks!
7. Exfoliates Skin
Have you ever heard of pumpkin peels? They work because pumpkin contains natural enzymes that dissolve dead cells and flaky skin! You can whip up a delicious smelling pumpkin spice face & body scrub as a quick pick me up this fall:
- Pumpkin Spice Face & Body Scrub: Into a bowl, add ¼ cup organic canned pumpkin puree, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 tsp nutmeg powder and 1 tsp cinnamon powder. Mix well then transfer it into a sealable jars in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. To use, take some in a bowl to the shower with you. Gently scrub onto wet skin for 4 minutes then rinse off and lather up with soap as usual.
8. Heals Blemishes
Pumpkin is a good source of B-vitamins like niacin, B-6, folate and riboflavin. B-vitamins are nourishing to the skin and help increase blood circulation which increases cell turnover and renewal. This heals blemishes and dark spots. The exfoliating action due to the natural enzymes in pumpkin also dissolve the discolored blemished skin, revealing new lighter skin underneath!
9. Stronger Nails
Are you noticing your nails chipping easily? Load your plate with pumpkin because this orange squash is filled with Vitamin E, C and the mineral zinc which help strengthen nails and promote nail growth!
10. Reverse UV Damage
Do you know why pumpkins are a rich orange color? That’s because they are loaded with carotenoids that are converted to Vitamin A in the body. Carotenoids are powerful antioxidants that reverse UV damage. So eat more pumpkins and apply pumpkin face masks on your skin to speed up healing of sun damaged skin!