3 Must Try Coconut Oil Treatment To Get Rid Of Dandruff Permanently
Causes for dandruff could be many. A dry environment, excessive sebum, dry skin or not shampooing enough can lead to dandruff. Anti-dandruff shampoos help to an extent, but why wash your hair and scalp with chemicals; try coconut oil hair treatment instead.
We’ve put together a few coconut oil dandruff treatments that will allow you to reap the maximum benefit of this natural product.
3 Coconut Oil Treatment To Get Rid Of Dandruff:
1 Hot oil massage with coconut oil
When you’re running short on time and need to quickly nourish your hair, then you must definitely try this remedy. The heat and the oil combine to penetrate deeply and cleanse your scalp of built-up oils and dirt. What we call a ‘champi’ the rest of the world calls a hot oil massage.
- Heat up 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil. You should be able to touch it with your finger.
- Using your fingers massage the oil all over your scalp.
- Rub the leftover oil in your hair.
- After 30 minutes wash your hair with a good cleansing shampoo like Pantene Pro-V Lively Clean Shampoo.
2 Deep condition with coconut oil and jojoba oil
When combined with jojoba oil, you can truly reap the benefits of coconut oil for dandruff treatment. Jojoba oil prevents excessive sebum secretion and maintains an optimum oiliness of your scalp.
- Combine equal parts of coconut oil and jojoba oil
- Massage this mix to cover your entire scalp
- Wrap your head with a warm towel or a shower cap
- Read a magazine, do some chores or just watch television for about 30 minutes
- Rinse off the oil with a good shampoo. We prefer Pantene Pro-V Lively Clean Shampoo
- Skip conditioning if you have an oily scalp
Instead of jojoba oil, you can add 3-5 drops of rosemary essential oil to 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil and repeat the same steps as above.
3 Coconut oil and lemon juice
You can mix lemon juice and coconut oil for hair dandruff problems. Our scalp is naturally acidic and the lemon juice is just a reminder to the scalp to maintain the right levels.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply this mix to your scalp and hair.
- Massage it for some time and then let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with a nourishing shampoo.